Current Vacancies: Part Time Teacher of Music & Cover Supervisor - See below for details
A Great Place to Work - Not every school is the same, and we believe that we are quite different from many.
We are a great school to work in for a number of reasons:
1) A Living Wage Employer – all our staff are paid at least the living wage. We are committed to honouring all national pay rises for teachers and our support staff conditions superior to those of Birmingham City Council employees in other schools.
2) A cooperative school – we value to views of our staff and important decisions in the school are made together. For example in 2017-18, staff have discussed curriculum changes, new rewards and sanctions and other key changes. Policies such as our marking policy are written by staff.
3) Working to manage workload – far too many great teachers are driven from the profession by an unsustainable workload. At Turves Green Girls’ School we work with staff to reduce workload where possible and always consider the workload implications of any changes we make.
4) Fantastic CPD – we believe that good staff become great through top-notch CPD. Teacher Training Days should not be long hours of listening to senior managers, but collaborative and exciting opportunities to work together. Every staff meeting is led by our Teaching and Learning Group of staff focused on sharing best practice. Our CPD events (such as our January Teacher Conference) ensures we gather best practice from across the city and beyond.
5) A family – our staff are committed to the children we serve and their families. Many staff choose to devote their entire career to this school. This is because we look after each other and work together. 6) Union-friendly - we recognise the important role that unions and professional associations play in promoting the welfare of staff, which is a shared priority.
These points mean that, despite a national teacher shortage, Turves Green Girls’ School is fully staffed with fully trained teachers.
Vacancies will be advertised here as they arise.
PART-TIME TEACHER OF MUSIC (0.2 – 1 day a week) Main Pay Scale – Suitable for NQT’s Required for – September 2018 We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic individual Teacher of Music. The successful candidate will be an excellent classroom practitioner and have the ability to develop and implement curricular innovation. Candidates must be committed to raising levels of attainment and supporting the whole school focus on teaching and learning, and ready to engage with our impressive culture of professional development. Strengths of the school include:
Excellent pastoral care & support
Motivated, well behaved pupils
A cooperative ethos which values and develops staff
Supportive and committed staff who work as a team
The school is located in South Birmingham with excellent transport links.
A strong extra-curricular tradition in Music and high uptake of Peripatetic lessons.
As a school we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of its pupils and the successful candidate will need to undertake an Enhanced Criminal Record check. To arrange a pre-visit and for additional information, please contact Miss Sharon Killeen (Headteacher’s P.A) – Tel 0121 464 6701. Closing Date – Friday 18th May 2018
Cover Supervisor (Temporary 1 year in the first instance) Grade 3 (£19,819-25,463) pro rata (Actual starting salary - £17,321 ) 36.5 hours per week, Term Time only (8.00-4.00 p.m. excluding 30 minute lunch break) Monday to Friday
We wish to appoint a temporary Cover Supervisor (to start as soon as possible) for 1 year to cover classes for absent teachers - it is hoped that the appointment will be extended beyond 1 year and become a permanent post.
This is an opportunity to join a friendly, hardworking staff in an Ofsted rated good school. The successful candidate will be a committed, motivated individual who is willing to support the ethos of our school.
Informal visits to the school are encouraged – please contact the school office on 0121 464 8346 to arrange.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak English fluently is an essential requirement for this role.
Please note that appointment is subject to enhanced DBS, medical and reference checks. Turves Green Girls’ School is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students’
Closing date for receipt of applications: Wednesday 23rd May 2018 12 noon. Interviews have been provisionally scheduled for Friday 25th May 2018. Please note, if you have not been contacted within 28 days of the closing date, you may assume that you have not been selected for an interview on this occasion.