Current Vacancies: - Head of Maths, Food Technician. See below for details
Vacancies will be advertised here as they arise.
A Great Place to Work - Not every school is the same, and we believe that we are quite different from many.
We are a great school to work in for a number of reasons:
1) A Living Wage Employer – all our staff are paid at least the living wage. We are committed to honouring all national pay rises for teachers and our support staff conditions superior to those of Birmingham City Council employees in other schools.
2) A cooperative school – we value to views of our staff and important decisions in the school are made together. For example in 2017-18, staff have discussed curriculum changes, new rewards and sanctions and other key changes. Policies such as our marking policy are written by staff.
3) Working to manage workload – far too many great teachers are driven from the profession by an unsustainable workload. At Turves Green Girls’ School we work with staff to reduce workload where possible and always consider the workload implications of any changes we make.
4) Fantastic CPD – we believe that good staff become great through top-notch CPD. Teacher Training Days should not be long hours of listening to senior managers, but collaborative and exciting opportunities to work together. Every staff meeting is led by our Teaching and Learning Group of staff focused on sharing best practice. Our CPD events (such as our January Teacher Conference) ensures we gather best practice from across the city and beyond.
5) A family – our staff are committed to the children we serve and their families. Many staff choose to devote their entire career to this school. This is because we look after each other and work together. 6) Union-friendly - we recognise the important role that unions and professional associations play in promoting the welfare of staff, which is a shared priority.
These points mean that, despite a national teacher shortage, Turves Green Girls’ School is fully staffed with fully trained teachers.
HEAD OF MATHEMATICS FACULTY Main Scale + TLR1 £9661.00
Required for September 2019
The governing Board is seeking to appoint well qualified and inspiring mathematics specialist to lead this core subject. The successful candidate will be an excellent classroom practitioner and have the ability to develop and implement curricular innovation. Candidates must be committed to raising levels of attainment and supporting the whole school focus on teaching and learning.
Strengths of the school include:
Excellent pastoral care & support
Motivated, well behaved pupils
A cooperative ethos which values and develops staff
Supportive and committed staff who work as a team
Improving exam results (In 2018, 68% of pupils achieved at least grade 4 in Mathematics)
The school is located in South Birmingham with excellent transport links by both road and rail
As a school we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of its pupils and the successful candidate will need to undertake an Enhanced Criminal Record check.
To arrange a pre-visit and for additional information, please contact Miss Sharon Killeen (Headteacher’s P.A) – Tel 0121 464 6701
Food Technician – (Technology Department) Grade 1 ‐ £16,394 ‐ £16,863 + Living Wage Enhancement – Pro Rata 10 hours per week, Term Time Only
We wish to appoint a Food Technician to support a number of Food Science teachers in the Technology Department. The post is for 10 hours per week TTO but flexibility is required as the actual hours to be worked each work will be in agreement with department need and may change from week to week.
This is an opportunity to join a friendly, hardworking staff in an Ofsted rated good school. The successful candidate will be a committed, motivated individual who is willing to support the ethos of our school.
Informal visits to the school are encouraged – please contact the school office on 0121 464 8346 to arrange.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak English fluently is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Wednesday 23rd January 2019 Please note, if you have not been contacted within 28 days of the closing date, you may assume that you have not been selected for an interview on this occasion.