Current Vacancies: - Food Technician - See below for details
Vacancies will be advertised here as they arise.
A Great Place to Work - Not every school is the same, and we believe that we are quite different from many.
We are a great school to work in for a number of reasons:
1) A Living Wage Employer – all our staff are paid at least the living wage. We are committed to honouring all national pay rises for teachers and our support staff conditions superior to those of Birmingham City Council employees in other schools.
2) A cooperative school – we value to views of our staff and important decisions in the school are made together. For example in 2017-18, staff have discussed curriculum changes, new rewards and sanctions and other key changes. Policies such as our marking policy are written by staff.
3) Working to manage workload – far too many great teachers are driven from the profession by an unsustainable workload. At Turves Green Girls’ School we work with staff to reduce workload where possible and always consider the workload implications of any changes we make.
4) Fantastic CPD – we believe that good staff become great through top-notch CPD. Teacher Training Days should not be long hours of listening to senior managers, but collaborative and exciting opportunities to work together. Every staff meeting is led by our Teaching and Learning Group of staff focused on sharing best practice. Our CPD events (such as our January Teacher Conference) ensures we gather best practice from across the city and beyond.
5) A family – our staff are committed to the children we serve and their families. Many staff choose to devote their entire career to this school. This is because we look after each other and work together. 6) Union-friendly - we recognise the important role that unions and professional associations play in promoting the welfare of staff, which is a shared priority.
These points mean that, despite a national teacher shortage, Turves Green Girls’ School is fully staffed with fully trained teachers.
Food Technician (Technology Department) Grade 1 ‐ £17,364 ‐ £18,065 pro-rata £4,157- £4,325 10 hours per week, Term Time Only
We wish to appoint a Food Technician to support a number of Food Science teachers in the Technology Department. The post is for 10 hours per week TTO but flexibility is required as the actual hours to be worked each week will be in agreement with department need and may change from week to week.
This is an opportunity to join a friendly, hardworking staff in an Ofsted rated good school. The successful candidate will be a committed, motivated individual who is willing to support the ethos of our school.
Informal visits to the school are encouraged – please contact the school office on 0121 464 8346 to arrange.